Monday, May 23, 2011

Troy's First Birthday Party!

Party: March 5th, 2011
Actual Birthdate: March 8th

I know this blog is a little late, but really, who has time to update every little social networking site they manage on a timely basis? Haha. Not me. I figured creating a blog would be a nice way to update the family members who don't have a Facbeook, or who didn't have the chance to experience any of these post's firsthand. I'll do my best to update and recreate the events, but bare with me :)

Troy's birthday party was thrown at my Aunt Michele's house. (Shout out to her for lending me her house for the day! It made everything a lot easier and a lot less stressful!) We had a lot of our family and friends show up and Troy got A LOT of toy's for his birthday even though I specifically asked for clothes on his invitaions! lol. (He got a lot of those too, thank you everyone!)

I made the cupcakes and giraffe cupcake cake and some of the little snacks we had. The cake didn't turn out so well, but I was very rushed for time, since the 101 was closed and made me late to setting up for the party. However, the monkey cupcakes I made turned out AMAZING! I was pretty impressed with myself, they were just about the cutest things I'd ever seen!


See what I mean? ADORABLE!


Moving on. Troy's birthday was a day for many firsts. One specifically was his first time really eating any sugar. This was a really big deal for me because it's important to RJ and I that Troy has a healthy diet. Plus, he's pretty crazy as it is, so I really don' think he NEEDS sugar. haha. He loved his cake, and basically ate the whole thing! It was pretty hilarious, but I definitely would have traded watching him eat gobbs of sugar for getting a root canal any day of the week!! Here's a picture of his cake, and of him eating it.





Yes, he was naked. Just because I had to let him eat sugar, doesn't mean I had to let him get stains on his birthday outfit too! lol. Oh, and, don't you LOVE his cake?! It was an elephant!

Wrapping up, Troy had a lot of fun on his birthday, and RJ and I were really happy with the turnout. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment